Name Change

You are eligible for a Passport Name Change if:

  • the applicant is a U.S. citizen holding a U.S. Passport issued less than one year ago and you have legal proof of name change.

If your passport was issued over one year ago, you will need to apply for a Passport Renewal and submit the name change documents during that process.

There is no fee for a name change if your passport is less than one year old.

You will need the following documents in order to expedite your Passport Name Change:
  • Valid U.S. Passport less than 1 year old
  • Proof of Name Change